Work with me
PRs and advertisers – please read this first before contacting me about potential opportunities. It will save us both some time and effort!
FACTS AND FIGURES
I have been blogging at CookSister since May 2004 and the blog has built up a solid following. My traffic stats (available upon request) are healthy and consistent – here are some general facts and figures:
- CookSister’s readers are overwhelmingly located in the USA, UK and South Africa.
- CookSister has over 2,000 Facebook followers (Cooksister’s Networked Blogs and fan page combined) ;
- I have over 7,900 Twitter followers.
- I have over 1,500 Instagram followers.
- I have over 2,800 Pinterest followers.
- I have a Klout score of about 60.
- CookSister has a Google Pagerank of 5.
- CookSister has been ranked no. 1 eleven times since December 2013 on the Foodies 100 UK food blog influence rankings.
I HAVE A FULL-TIME DAY JOB
This meansI am not usually able to attend midweek daytime events. However, should the event be particularly interesting to me, I can arrange time off to attend, provided that I am given enough advance notice. Although I do not support myself financially from this blog, please note that my leisure time is valuable to me. A PR agency is being paid by their client, so I do not see my way clear to work for the PR agency for free, whether this is in the form of providing free content; developing recipes; hosting a giveaway; or any other time-intensive activity. You do not work for free, so please do not expect me to do so.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU FOR FREE
Feature your restaurant, hotel, airline or destination after a review visit has been arranged. Posts will be detailed and photo-heavy, but please note that I reserve full editorial control at all times.
Review your food, drink or tech-related product after samples have been received. If you send me a sample, I will write or not write about it at my sole discretion and I will retain full editorial control of every post. I will only include a link where I think it is appropriate, not because I have been told to. If you would like your product, logo or link to appear on my website, the only way of ensuring that this happens is to buy advertising space. All links, where included at the request of a PR or brand will be nofollow links. This means that the link will still click through to your site, but the fact that I am linking to you will not be taken into account in determining your Google PageRank. The reason why I do this is because of this rule made by Google – I will not jeopardise my own site’s PageRank and reputation for the sake of earning a quick buck.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU FOR A FEE
- Write commissioned articles of any length for your print or online publication. Click here for my print and online published writing portfolio.
- Provide high-resolution recipe or travel photography.
- Develop, write and photograph recipes for your site/business.
- Train people on a variety of aspects of social media and blogging including photography
- Speak at a conference or event. Have a look at my full speaking portfolio.
- Host a Twitter chat session
- I am willing to consider selling sidebar ads and but PLEASE NOTE that these will all be nofollow links – this means that the link will still click through to your site, but the fact that I am linking to you will not be taken into account in determining your Google PageRank. The reason why I do this is because of this rule made by Google – I will not jeopardise my own site’s PageRank and reputation for the sake of earning a quick buck.
WHAT I WILL NOT DO
- post press releases, videos, or other content on CookSister that I did not generate myself, even for payment - so please do not ask me to do so. If you want to display something on my blog, contact me for advertising rates.
- review or write about an event, product or place that I have not experienced or sampled
- write a product review that does not include a recipe of some sort using that product
- include paid-for links in posts
- fail to disclose that a review or link in a post is sponsored or utilised free samples (and yes, I have been asked not to disclose this. This violates trading standards rules, so please do not ever ask me to do so!)
- host giveaways, unless I feel the prize would be of real benefit to my readers (to give you an idea – I only hosted one giveaway at the request of a PR in the past year, and that was to give away a free flight to San Francisco). If I do agree to host a giveaway, I will charge an appropriate fee for doing so.
- work for free “in exchange for exposure on our website”
- accept unsolicited guest posts
EXAMPLES OF MY PAST WORK WITH BRANDS
- Food and drink related events or launches:
- Press trips:
- Restaurant reviews:
- Recipe development:
Get Free Email Updates
Never miss an update by subscribing to the blog now!