Saturday Snapshots #133

by Jeanne on March 12, 2011

in Photography, Saturday Snapshots

Post image for Saturday Snapshots #133

New life – March 2010

Thank you to all those of you who have sent messages, prayers and positive thoughts following my 88-yr old dad’s fall and hip surgery this week. You have no idea how comforting and uplifting it was to read them and know that so many of you had shared similar experiences and knew the difficulty of living so far from family.  Each and every one of you is a superstar to me.  Despite the doctors fears that he would have a heart attack under anaesthetic, he came through the surgery and is now recovering well in the intensive care unit.  There is still a long road of rehabilitation and recovery ahead, but we can cross each bridge as we come to it.  For now, I feel as if the entire family has been given a new lease on life, rather like the trees around my house that are slowly blossoming back into life after the long winter.

This is part of a series of non-food photographs that will be published every Saturday on CookSister – previously featured  photographs can be viewed on the Saturday Snapshots archive pages.  Photos featured in Saturday Snapshots are available to buy as high-quality greeting cards or prints in my RedBubble store, or even as gorgeous A3-size 2011 CookSister calendars for foodies, for London-lovers, Italophiles or beach lovers

If you want a custom calendar with your own selection of photos, starting in a month other than January, please e-mail me and we can discuss your requirements.  They make great gifts, for friends or for yourself :)

Kalynskitchen March 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Oh Jeanne, I do hope your dad is doing well. I hope you will get to visit him sometime in the near future.

Barbara March 12, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thanks for the update Jeanne – so happy to hear all went well in theatre and I hope your Dad is soon mobile again. Keep up the great cooking, writing and photographing, it will help ease the pain of being far away at this time … :-)

Herschelian March 13, 2011 at 5:10 am

Hi Jeanne, I’m so glad your dad has come through the surgery. It is horrible being so far from loved ones when something like this happens (I’m in Beijing and my 90yr old dad is in the UK, he has cancer. I live from phone call to phone call). Did they give him a general anaesthetic? these days hip surgery is usually done with a spinal block because of the length of the surgery and the fact that most people who have to have it are older. My mum had it done twice, and the second hip – 2yrs ago – has been incredibly successful despite her age (85 at the time) Once the wound heals swimming is marvellous exercise.
Chin up girl, you have been much in my thoughts. Jo

Marisa March 15, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Stunning Jeanne!

Kit March 15, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Best wishes to him for a complete recovery, Jeanne. I’m so glad it went well.

Zirkie Schroeder April 1, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Beautiful picture, Jeanne!! You are so positive! You inspire me!!