Saturday Snapshots #72

by Jeanne on January 9, 2010

in Photography, Saturday Snapshots

FrostedWeb

Crisp - January 2010

Am I the only person who thinks of a salt-rimmed margharita glass when I see this picture of frosted leaves, taken outside my house last week?? :)

This is part of a series of non-food photographs that will be published every Saturday on CookSister. Click here for a full list of photographs previously featured.  All photos featured in Saturday Snapshots are available to buy as greeting cards or prints in my RedBubble store, including the new Year of Saturday Snapshots calendar, an A3-size calendar bringing together the most popular images from the first year of Saturday Snapshots.  Feel free to browse - it makes a great gift!

Niamh January 10, 2010 at 12:58 am

Really beautiful photograph Jeanne! Hope you had a lovely Xmas and Happy New Year!

Bethany January 10, 2010 at 11:23 am

Stunning pic! No, I’m thinking margarita too… although I wish it was a bit later so i could pop the tequila open! Ola sister!

Boots in the Oven January 10, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Beautiful! It’ll be margarita weather soon enough, right? I’ve been hearing about the cold you’ve had – we’re shivering here, as well! Stay warm.
Rachel

Marisa January 11, 2010 at 5:07 am

Margarita time! No sadly not, but your photo does remind me of the salt brimmed glasses. Stunning pic.

Firefly January 11, 2010 at 8:29 am

Awesome. I didn’t think of a margarita though, just how I wish I could experience a bit of snow and cold to be able to take pics like this.

Koek! January 11, 2010 at 8:36 am

Stunning! Looks like something out of a fairy tale…

tasteofbeirut January 11, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Hello Jeanne
Reading your posts I am elated to see that SA and Lebanon are both wanting seasonal and artisanal foods; thanks to you and your (very) informative posts, I now know more about SA than I ever would have before!
I am doing a giveaway of products I brought back with me from Lebanon and if you are interested, i would love to return the favor and send them to you! (I am doing a draw as well)

Jeanne @ Cooksister January 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Niamh – thanks so much! hope your festive season was equally fabulous :)
Bethany – Hola to you too! At home, we always used to say it was OK to have a drink, as long as the first aeroplane of the day had already flown over your house. In London, that’s abotu 6a.m. :)
Rachel – I think we’re some way off that… but tequila drinking to keep warm is perfectly acceptable :) Hope you guys had a wonderful holday season!
Marisa – phew – I thought it was just me :)
Firefly – oh, you would LOVE it! It’s a photographer’s dream :)
Koek – frost really is like something magical that appeard while you sleep. Snow, on the other hands, halts the planes and closes the airports…
TasteofBeirut – thanks for visiting – I will definitely have a look at your blog today. Glad you enjoyed the posts :)

Lyn Malkin (Zigsgirl) January 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm

What an amazing photograph Jeanne!! What camera did you use? I’ve just received a DSLR for Christmas and am now interested in all things ‘photographic’! I’ve been an avid reader of your blog for ages and just love the content especially your recipes.

Jeanne @ Cooksister January 13, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Hi Lyn
Thanks for your kind words and glad to hear that you’re a CookSister fan! You won’t believe, but for this photo I just used my little Canon Powershot A720 on macro setting – it was too cold to be faffing abotu outside with the big DSLR. Most of the pics on the site, though, are taken with my trusty Canon EOS 20D – it’s the best thing I ever bought, truly life-changing :) If you have any questions about using your DSLR, feel free to ask me and I’ll try to help. I know it’s a steep learning curve!

barbara January 16, 2010 at 10:02 pm

That is fabulous Jeanne. I thought it was frosted mint leaves to be used to decorate a cake.

rajani@eatwritethink January 21, 2010 at 3:15 am

lovely shot jeanne!! yes indeed it looks lk a frosted margherita glass!

Paz February 3, 2010 at 9:25 pm