Yes folks, it’s the time of month when salaries are due, fridges run low and inspiration runs high. Just how many ways are there with eggs and bread? [You’d be surprised. – Ed.] Well, this is the event where we find out.
For newcomers to this event, the object of the exercise is to make something creative using eggs and bread/carbohydrates. It can be sweet, savoury, simple, complex, breakfast, dinner – whatever you like. The twist I’ve added is to make this an ovo-literary event – if possible I’d like you to post your entry in a particular literary style. In the past, we’ve had poetry, fan fiction and song lyrics as themes (for the full list, see the end of this post) – something for everyone, really! And this month I have decreed the theme to be… tabloid headlines – think National Enquirer, think The Sun or The Mirror and you’ll get the picture.
So, to recap:
1. The dish you make needs to include eggs.
2. The dish you make needs to include bread (or any carbohydrate to which heat has been applied).
3. Write up your creation on your blog in the style of a tabloid headline or article – even just the title in the form of a tabloid headline will do. Pictures are always good (I can see it now – "Aliens ate my toast!" – a grainy blob that could be ANYTHING!)
4. Try to have this all done by next weekend – say Sunday 6 August.
5. Send me an e-mail or leave a comment on this post alerting me to your contribution. I will then do a round-up shortly after the 6th.
[And if you want to use the same nifty newspaper generator that I did for the clipping above, go here and follow the instructions.]
[FOR THE FULL ROUNDUP (IN TABLOID STLYE, OF COURSE!), CLICK HERE.]