EoMEoTE#17 The End is Nigh: Shocking pictures, page 2!

by Jeanne on July 27, 2006

in EoMEoTE

Eomeotenewspaperannouncement_1 Yes, indeed, the end is nigh – the end of the month, that is.  And we all know what that means… it’s time for the End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza.

Yes folks, it’s the time of month when salaries are due, fridges run low and inspiration runs high.  Just how many ways are there with eggs and bread? [You’d be surprised.  – Ed.]  Well, this is the event where we find out.

For newcomers to this event, the object of the exercise is to make something creative using eggs and bread/carbohydrates.  It can be sweet, savoury, simple, complex, breakfast, dinner – whatever you like.  The twist I’ve added is to make this an ovo-literary event – if possible I’d like you to post your entry in a particular literary style.  In the past, we’ve had poetry, fan fiction and song lyrics as themes (for the full list, see the end of this post) – something for everyone, really! And this month I have decreed the theme to be… tabloid headlines – think National Enquirer, think The Sun or The Mirror and you’ll get the picture.

So, to recap:

1. The dish you make needs to include eggs.

2.  The dish you make needs to include bread (or any carbohydrate to which heat has been applied).

3.  Write up your creation on your blog in the style of a tabloid headline or article – even just the title in the form of a tabloid headline will do.  Pictures are always good (I can see it now – "Aliens ate my toast!" – a grainy blob that could be ANYTHING!)

4.  Try to have this all done by next weekend – say Sunday 6 August.

5.  Send me an e-mail or leave a comment on this post alerting me to your contribution.  I will then do a round-up shortly after the 6th.

Have fun!

[And if you want to use the same nifty newspaper generator that I did for the clipping above, go here and follow the instructions.]

[FOR THE FULL ROUNDUP (IN TABLOID STLYE, OF COURSE!), CLICK HERE.]

sam July 28, 2006 at 12:41 am

I couldn’t wait for this one, you knew that. yay!

Chubby Hubby July 28, 2006 at 11:42 am

Oooh, this one sounds fun!

Jeanne July 28, 2006 at 12:15 pm

Hi Sam
Ooooh yes, this has been your most anticipated EoMEoTE yet!! And I hope you have a ball with the headlines. Don’t tabloid headlines make you long for The Sun? Theirs are the gold standard of exuberant tackiness…
Hi Chubby Hubby
I thought is would be a good laugh and give let out the tabloid reporter that’s hiding inside all of us! ;-) Look forward to your entry!

neil July 29, 2006 at 3:21 am

Ooh yeah, right down my alley – the weird and wonderful. Right, thinking cap on. BTW thanks for the link to the newspaper headline generator, you know how I am about pictures!

ejm July 29, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Hahahaha!! I love your newspaper article! Of course, you know that it isn’t very authentic. You’ve shown an awful lot of text (thrilling text though) on the first page….
-Elizabeth

Stephanie July 31, 2006 at 6:52 am

I go out of town for a couple of days, and *that’s* when you decide to spring the announcement, eh?
I smell a conspiracy!
“Cooksister in cahoots with travel agents”
Fortunately, I’m back, and I have a week-ish to get this together.
You can count me in!

lavender cupcaker July 31, 2006 at 1:37 pm

wow..this will be my first time entering such an event like this.. i cant wait!

Jeanne July 31, 2006 at 2:28 pm

Hi Neil
Weird & wonderful is definitely the way forward with this one!! Can’t wait to see what you and your wild imagination come up with… ;-) And glad you liked the front page generator – it’s neat, isn’t it!
Hi Elizabeth
Yes, I’m afraid I’ll never make a good tabloid journalist… But I did have a lot of fun though! And I’m sure you will too with this theme :-)
Hi Stephanie
Hehehehe – my evil masterplan revealed!! World domination beckons… But of course, AFTER I host EoMEoTE… Can’t wait to see your entry!
Hi Cupcaker
Welcome! And I’m sure you’ll have a great time – just grab some eggs and toast and let your hair down. Anything goes here at EoMEoTE!

sam August 2, 2006 at 7:33 pm

Ok – here is my entry.
I don’t really miss The Sun since because of the power of the internet, I am able to read it whenever I like. As you’ll see, it was The Sun that inspired me for this one:
thanks for such a great theme this month!
sam

Lady Amalthea August 3, 2006 at 3:48 pm

Thanks for telling me it was happening, Jeanne! I’ll do my best to participate.

deccanheffalump August 3, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Thanks for the alert Jeanne. I am going to try and get those eggs cracking and the headlines lip-smacking.

ejm August 5, 2006 at 1:04 pm

I’m afraid I’d make a terrible tabloid journalist. It turns out that I’m too wordy as well. Many thanks for the link to the generator, Jeanne. I hope you’ll forgive me for my EoMEoTE17 post….
-Elizabeth

ilingc August 5, 2006 at 2:52 pm

Hi Jeanne,
I’m not much of writer but gave it it ago anyway :)
Here’s we go:

spittoonextra August 5, 2006 at 7:44 pm

Three Eggs.

For EoMEoTE:Scandle at St. James’: Breakfast Eggs Served ‘Sunny Side Down’. Members Decry Intrusion of American Style Cooking.The Times 5th August, 1922.Budgens Shopper Trips, Eggs Broken. Maidenhead Advertiser, 22nd March 1987Back Off Brussels: Leave …

Stephanie August 6, 2006 at 5:16 am
lavender cupcaker August 6, 2006 at 6:06 am

hi i have posted it on my blog. Pls take a look!
Sry not very good at this but giving it a try..thanks!

ejm August 6, 2006 at 2:40 pm

Not much of a writer, ilingc? I loved your entry! Hahahahha, great posts, Stephanie and Lavender Cupcaker.
-Elizabeth
Incidentally, there is a typo on the URL for ilingc’s post. I found it at:

Lexi August 6, 2006 at 3:48 pm

Oh Oh First time I join, and there’s not much of an article with my entry, but nice front page don’t you think?

Emma August 7, 2006 at 6:48 am
Indira August 7, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Hi Jeanne,
Thanks for inviting me to participate in this event. I really had a fun time writing a tabloid story around the egg but my piece is written in a political tabloid style.:) Hope that’s OK.
Here is the link:
Puff P Egg (Egg Puff in Paratha):
Looking forward to the recap and thanks for hosting.

ejm August 7, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Hehehehehe… I LOVE playing with the newspaper clipping generator. (I promise this is the last time.) But I got scared by the threat of reprisal that I hadn’t fulfilled rules 1 and 2. So guessing that rule 4 is a little less rigid, I grovelling present my post for EoMEoTE17 revisited:
-Elizabeth

ilingc August 8, 2006 at 9:27 am

Elizabeth,
I’m not much of a writer compared to Jeanne. I get a bit wordy sometimes :)
Thanks for picking up the URL error.

Sarah Lou August 9, 2006 at 3:36 pm

I took a slightly different approach but you still have the required journal, eggs and bread at:
One Whole Clove