Oh, the irony!
Despite the fact that by regular blogging rhythm has been ridiculously disrupted, that I don't so mch have a study as a room so full of boxes that I cannot see the floor, and that I struggle to churn out just one post a week for the last month or so, guess what?
So… what are the rules?
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person
- The photograph must have been taken by you
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog during June of 2009
- The deadline to submit your entry is 20 July at midnight, UK time
- A panel of judges will assess the quality of all of the entries before eventually selecting winners from the pictures. There will be winners in the following categories:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
- Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think "wow, I never thought of photographing it like that before!"
- Overall Winner: the photograph that scores the highest when individual scores for Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality are added up.
So how can you join in?
- Draft an e-mail with DMBLGiT in the subject line.
- Attach one qualifying food or drink photo, preferably 350 pixels in width.
- Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
I will be setting up a dedicated online Picasa gallery to show off the entries, but I am off on holiday to bella Italia today until 17 July so I'm afraid if you send me your entry before then it will not be visible in the gallery until 17 July. Apologies!
I am back from my fab Italian break and have created the Picasa album of entries – please do go and take a look!
May the best pic win