Is it just me, or did everyone else also finally exhale this morning after holding their breath all night – maybe all week? I went to bed with my fingers crossed and woke up to a day many thought would never arrive. The last time I cried while watching the news from America was on September 11 2001, and this morning as I watched the TV news of Barack Obama’s win, it was once again through a veil of tears – but these were tears of happiness. If anything should convince you of the power of democracy, it’s the events of last night. The people had something to say, and they said it, in unprecedented numbers, loud and clear. God bless America. Really.
I had so hoped to bring you the WTSIM roundup tonight but I am just not getting it done: it’s crazy at work and I’m getting home too late to have much of an evening. So you will have to be patient a little longer 🙁 In the meantime, however, I bring you a meme, and this time it’s all about YOU – those who read and comment on my site!
Lady Raven started it and Wots For Lunch tagged me in her list. The rules are simple:
- List the Last 10 people who have commented on your blog.
- If you appear on my list, you are tagged and have to do this meme on your own blog too.
So – who were my last ten commenters?
- Peter of Kalofagas
- Courtney of Coco Cooks
- Robyn of Lick Your Own Bowl
- Darius of Everyday Cookin’
- Val of More Than Burnt Toast
- Gemma of Dressing for Dinner
- Elizabeth of Blog from OUR Kitchen (here is Elizabeth’s post)
- Nina of My Easy Cooking
- Manggy of No Special Effects
- Bordeaux of Marita Says
Now answer the following:
1. What is your favourite post from number 3’s blog?
Her recent post about her cross-country journey through Canada with her camera and her dog blew me away with its gorgeous photos. I wanted to board the next flight straignt to Canada. The Canadian tourism board should be paying her commission!
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
The third and final picture in this post on a Nutella pancake cake took my breath away.
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog?
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from?
The lovely Courtney lives in Chicago and I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting her last month when I was there!
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be?
Do a Beouwulf-themed parody post featuring eggs and toast. You know you want to 😉
6. Have you every tried something from number 9’s blog?
Not yet, but when I do it will probably be his yummy-looking pork chops with apples and sage.
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you?
All the time! Peter has taken me on a fascinating journey to discover Greek cuisine and it was his writing that brought on a craving for feta which led to my rather wonderful ratatouille bake with feta 🙂
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog?
I try to swing by once a week, but then I’ll comment on every post he’s done since my last visit.
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly?
Oh yes! Nina’s pictures are always inspirational and the stories and recipes she shares often bring wonderful memories of home – South Africa.
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life?
Val is always so willing to get involved in charitable causes and raising awareness – which is unusual in a world where we are increasingly suffering from compassion fatigue. People often say “Well, I’d like to donate to a charity, but I don’t know which ones are good…”. Val has inspired me to add a page on CookSister where I will suggest some smaller African charities doing wonderful work which people can support.
11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
I’m pretty sure Peter and Courtney have met, but other than that I don’t think so?
13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
It’s a tie between Peter and Val I think – they are blogging machines!!
14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
Manggy cracks me up at least once per post. And Peter is great when he gets annoyed with rude commenters or the “food authenticity police” 😉
15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
Courtney has just got me crying again with her post covering Obama’s rally in Chicago last night…
So there you have it – my dearly beloved recent commenters! I’ve shown you mine – now show me yours 😉 (Charlotte did, even though she was not one of my tags.)
Follow me every day in November as I complete National Blog Posting Month – a post a day, every day, for 30 days! Here’s what I’ve written so far.