Well, some might say that there are no longer as many as five things people don’t know about me, particularly after my culinary confessions and the “too much information” meme… but since the lovely Ros has tagged me and I love a good meme, here goes:
1. I am lousy at all sports involving running or a rapidly-moving ball, which resulted in many years of misery at school!! But show me a pool table and I will give you a surprising run for your money. Call it a misspent youth – I call it the best social skill my dad ever taught me 🙂
2. I cannot listen to Mozart’s Requiem Mass, the second movement of Beethoven’s Emperor Concerto or the second movement of Mozart’s clarinet concerto without crying. I also remember that Paul Gallico’s Jennie was the first book that made me cry. When the little boy goes back to being a boy and has to leave Jennie behind, I sobbed uncontrollably.
3. I spent a large part of my early teenage years being in love with Richard Clayderman. I also have his autograph, which I persuaded my mom to get when she happened to stay in the same hotel in Pretoria. All offers considered… 😉
4. I am incredibly, consistently, incorrigibly, embarrasingly unpunctual. I was about 10 days overdue being born and that has set the trend ever since. I haven’t missed planes or trains but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time (as my husband keeps reminding me!).
5. When I was really little (like 4 or 5 years old) I used to ride in the car with my dad and he’d play his beloved 8-track tapes. Mostly, he listened to Edith Piaf and I was singing (mostly in my made-up French!!) Non, je ne regrette rien by the time I was 6. Years later I was astonished to find out she was uber-cool and that my dad had actually listened to her 😉
So there you go – astonishingly, more hitherto undisclosed tidbits about the Cooksister! I have no idea who has or hasn’t already been tagged, so if you appear on this list but have already played along, please feel free to abstain – or if you have been dying to be tagged but nobody has obliged, take this as your tag 🙂
Ashleigh from Stiched in Holland – read her 5 things here!
ExAfrica from I broke my mop
Niki from Esurientes