Roasted strawberries – c’mon, everybody’s doing it!

20080802 BalsamicRoastedStrawberriesTitle And so, the wave of visitors continues – the latest arrival being Nick's gran, who flew in yesterday morning from Cape Town.

If you enjoyed reading this, please consider sharing it using the social media buttons below the post. I'd also love to hear what you thought about this post so please do leave a comment below. Hope to see you again soon!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

I’m so glad your exploring the treasures in your back yard! Speaking of treasures, that’s what this dessert is, Jeanne. I’ve seen roasted strawberries a couple of times now too. What am I waiting for to make them?!

2. says

Oh, that is just beautiful. It sounds amazing – I’ve somehow missed the other posts on this, but I’m glad I caught yours. Hope I can still find some strawberries!

3. says

I MUST try this – just have so many things to ‘try’ I can’t keep up lol.
    PS: I haven’t forgotten the meme (just had a hectic weekend) I will do this week – promise.

4. says

Today at Spar a vegetable hawker was trying to sell me some strawberries and my system was saying…”Can’t be! No, it is not strawberry time yet!” At R30 pr kilo it is still a bit expensive too. In about a months time……. I will keep this in mind!

5. says

I really enjoyed the roasted strawberries. Yours look really good on the vanilla ice cream. I am going to have to look for some of that caramelized verjuice to try.

6. says

Hi – me again. These things are just not available here in Cape Town right now so the million dollar question is, could I make these with the frozen kind? I froze quite a few this summer, most of them really beautiful and firm and since this is your recipe, please help!!!!
    As usual stunning stunning blog – it’s like a holiday to me right now.

7. says

Jeanne you’ve got to try this with the strawberries flash roasted in a pizza oven. I like to keep all the red wine leftovers until I have enough to make a Gluhwein and then reduce it down to a rich glaze. Apart from making a stunning dessert sauce it imparts an incredible concentrated wintery flavour to a summery fruit……does that make sense ?

8. herschelian says

About three years ago I went mad for roast strawberries as a dessert and for a month or twoserved them to everybody who crossed the threshold; it’s one of my worst culinary habits to get hooked on a recipe and then do it to death.
    I was using balsamic, but I bought some verjuice in SA earlier this year and think that it’s a wonderful idea to use that instead. How did you caramelize it?

9. says

I tried roasting strawberries for the first time this year and they are excellent – works well in Australia where our berries aren’t as wonderful in the UK and your pic of them with the icecream has me wanted to make these again

10. says

Jeanne, aren’t they great? I must make them again after seeing this!
    I’m looking forward to the review of the pub as I’m not far from there.

11. says

Roasted (!!) strawberries! What an amazing idea. I can see that this would be a good way to rescue slightly inferior strawberries. Too bad I didn’t see this when local strawberries were still in season. (Now the strawberries are well past their prime and the only ones available are the giant wooden-flavoured variety from California.) I do hope I remember to try this next summer when strawberries return.