Well, hello there from San Diego! I have not had internet access since we arrived and am now snatching a few minutes on a friend’s PC so don’t get your hopes up… But I just wanted to let you all know that I’m having a ball and I love California! So far we have:
- promenaded up and down Venice Beach in LA checking out the passing parade
- seen Hollywood, the Walk of Fame stars and Graumann’s Chinese Theatre handprints
- Been to Rodeo Drive
- strolled along the beach at Santa Monica and watched the sunset
- seen the Getty museum in LA
- eaten a corn dog, pulled pork, quesadillas, fried clams and fab salmon Caesar salad (the last 2 at the fab Tony P’s in Marina del Rey)
- breakfasted at Las Brisas in Laguna beach with its fab buffet and phenomenal view
- shopped up a storm at an outlet mall in Carlsbad
- visited San Diego Old Town and the San Diego Zoo
- eaten real Mexican burritos in a restaurant full of Mexicans
- spent the afternoon wandering around Coronado island in San Diego
- and most recently, cooked a roast lamb dinner with provisions bought from Trader Joe’s (my first visit!)
And we’ve only been here 5 days!!!
Tomorrow it’s off to Las Vegas in our soft-top Chrysler PT Cruiser. Road trip! Road trip!!
Anyway, just thought I’d keep you all in the loop. Will post again when I can!