Well, hello there from San Diego! I have not had internet access since we arrived and am now snatching a few minutes on a friend’s PC so don’t get your hopes up… But I just wanted to let you all know that I’m having a ball and I love California!
So far we have:
– promenaded up and down Venice Beach in LA checking out the passing parade
– seen Hollywood, the Walk of Fame stars and Graumann’s Chinese Theatre handprints
– visited Rodeo Drive
– strolled along the beach at Santa Monica and watched the sunset
– seen the Getty museum in LA
– eaten a corn dog, pulled pork, quesadillas, fried clams and fab salmon Caesar salad (the last 2 at the fab Tony P’s in Marina del Rey)
– breakfasted at Las Brisas in Laguna beach with its amazing buffet and phenomenal view
– shopped up a storm at an outlet mall in Carlsbad
– visited San Diego Old Town and the San Diego Zoo
– eaten proper burritos in a restaurant full of Mexicans
– spent the afternoon wandering around Coronado island in San Diego
– and most recently, cooked a roast lamb dinner with provisions bought from Trader Joe’s (my first visit!)
And we’ve only been here 5 days…
Tomorrow it’s off to Las Vegas in our soft-top Chrysler PT Cruiser. Road trip, road trip!!
Anyway, just thought I’d keep you all in the loop. Will post again when I can!