Saturday Snapshots #290

by Jeanne on June 7, 2014

in Photography, Saturday Snapshots, Travel - USA

Post image for Saturday Snapshots #290

Public transport, San Francisco style – San Francisco, May 2014

These gorgeous retro trams provide one of San francisco’s most picturesque public transport options.  I snapped this one on the Embarcadero with its graceful palm trees, just outside the Ferry Building.

Saturday Snapshots is a series of non-food photographs published every Saturday on CookSister.  Previously featured photographs can be viewed on the Saturday Snapshots archive pages. Many photos featured in Saturday Snapshots are available to buy as high-quality greeting cards or prints in my RedBubble store, or even as high-quality A3-size calendarsIf you want a custom calendar with your own selection of photos, starting with any month (not only January), please e-mail me and we can discuss your requirements.

andrew June 8, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Not seen one like that before, looks suitably 1950s

Jeanne June 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Retrotastic, isn’t it??

Jonker - Firefly June 9, 2014 at 8:33 am

I wouldn’t mind a ride in one of those, not would I mind a ride in the Porsche in the background

Jeanne June 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Hah – yes! Although I would hate to drive a Porsche on San Francisco’s crazy hilly streets – every bump would make me panic! Also, wouldn’t it be great if PE had never got rid of its trams?

herschelian June 9, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Fabulous photo Jeanne! I have spent a great deal of time in SF over the last 2 yrs as my daughter, her husband and my divine grandson have been living there (In Mission Bay). For an American city the public transport is wonderful – but is that surprising? it is a fantastic city in every way, and easy to reach from China!!! Our second grandson was born in SF two weeks ago so he is a little citizen of the USofA and could grow up to become President! However, in two months time they are moving to Bangalore in India for three years.
D’you fancy going out to Bangalore to photograph the public transport??? My s-i-l tells me the food there is fantastic….

Rosa June 10, 2014 at 9:00 am

So pretty and vintage!

Cheers,

Rosa

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy June 11, 2014 at 10:31 am

I love San Francisco. I hope to go back one day.