I love a good meme, I do. So I was intrigued, while catching up on a bit of blog reading last week, to find that the lovely Susan from Foodblogga had tagged me for meme with no name – but which might as well be called Five Things because most of the questions consist of lists of 5 things. And seeing as I can never resist making a list, here goes my attempt at the meme. Thanks Susan!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was lecturing contract law to non-legal students and loving it. I was also still living at home and spending all my time with my dear friend Paul – we planned to get married if I hit 30 and had not met anybody, in a big ABBA-themed wedding. Little did I know that I was about 8 months away from meeting my husband. Life’s funny like that.
Five snacks you enjoy:
* POTATO CRISPS! My most terrible vice…
* Hummus and vegetable crudites
* Oatcakes with mature cheddar cheese
* Really flaky, buttery, cheesy cheese straws
Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
[I am known amongst my friends for my capacity to remember song lyrics so this is just a small selection...]
* American Tune (Simon & Garfunkel)
* A New England (Billy Bragg)
* Moon over Bourbon Street (Sting)
* Go West (Pet Shop Boys/Village People)
* Somebody (Depeche Mode)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
* Buy a house on Robberg Beach in Plett, then buy all the land from The Sanctuary to the Robberg Nature Reserve, demolish all the houses built in the last 10 years and let the natural vegetation grow back
* Have houses in various locations and duplicate all my clothes/shoes etc in each so I’d never have to travel with more than a clutch bag
* Fund research into a cure for polycystic kidney disease, which killed my mom and from which my brother suffers
* Never fly economy class again!!!
* Quit my day job and blog full-time
Five bad habits:
* Losing my temper too quickly
* Holding a grudge
* Expecting the worst
* Permanently running 10 minutes behind schedule
Five things you like doing:
* Lying in the sun and reading a book
* Walking on sandy beaches – Robberg Beach in particular
* Spending time with my brother and his family, including my two most adorable nephews
* Travelling to faraway places
* Waking up in the middle of the night and hearing rain on the roof
Five things you would never wear again:
* Lycra gym shorts
* Pink tracksuit bottoms and turquoise slacks (I am not kidding…)
* Black lipstick – probably not a good look, whatever I thought in 1988…
* Uncomfortable shoes
Five favorite toys:
* Atari – definitely a Space Invaders girl
* Rubik’s cube! Really!
* Trivial pursuit
* Jigsaws – the really giant ones
* My digital camera (a bit of a cheat here as this is in the present tense while the rest are past…)
Thanks Susan – that was loads of fun :P As for tagging other people, I know we’re all busy, so although I’ve picked 5 people below, please don’t feel obliged in any way to do the meme unless you feel ad inspired as I did.