Baked salmon fillets with beetroot and dill
Author: Jeanne Horak-Druiff
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 medium beetroot, roasted or boiled
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill (or use fresh if you can)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to180C.
- Slice the beetroot very thinly.
- Brush the skin side of the fish lightly with olive oil and place skin side down in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half the dill.
- Cut each beetroot slice in half and then lay the slices all over the salmon like fish scales till the fish is totally covered.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and then with the rest of the dill. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for about 40 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Serve hot, with potato salad.
Recipe by Cooksister | Food, Travel, Photography at http://www.cooksister.com/2013/11/baked-salmon-fillets-beetroot-dill.html