Potato salad with chive flowers
Author: Jeanne Horak-Druiff
Recipe type: Salad
- about 1kg of salad potatoes
- 4-6 heaped tablespoons of good mayonnaise
- a good handful of chive leaves
- about 8 chive flowerheads
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the potatoes unpeeled until soft enough to poke a knife right through them. run cold water over them until cool enough to handle, then peel them. Chop into cubes and place in a salad bowl.
- Rinse the chive leaves and flower stems and snip into the salad bowl using a pair of scissors.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Rinse the flower heads and pull off the individual purple flowers. Scatter over the salad and serve.
Recipe by Cooksister | Food, Travel, Photography at http://www.cooksister.com/2013/06/potato-salad-with-chive-flowers-and-my-pinterest-love-affair.html