Peach, almond & ginger cobbler recipe
Author: Jeanne Horak-Druiff
Recipe type: Dessert
- 40g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger (ground)
- 50g slivered almonds, divided
- 2 ripe peaches, unpeeled buc cut into bite-sized chunks
- 120g cup flour, sifted
- 60g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 65ml evaporated milk
- 40g butter, melted
- Mix sugar, ginger and half the almonds. Place the chunks of peach in the bottom of a lightly greased oven-proof baking dish. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the fruit.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Mix the egg, milk and melted butter and stir into the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the peaches and sprinkle the top of the dish with the remaining almonds. Bake at 170C for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and set in the centre
- Serve hot, with cream or ice-cream.
Recipe by Cooksister at http://www.cooksister.com/2013/02/easy-peach-almond-ginger-cobbler-recipe.html