- Pasta for 2 people (preferably flat noodles like tagliatelle)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- pinch of dried chilli flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- about 8 small crabsticks. shredded (or use real crab meat if you have)
- 2 generous tablespoons of roasted red pepper pesto (tomato would be too strident)
- 2 handfuls of fresh rocket leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until it is al dente.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a wide frying pan and add the onion and chilli flakes, Sautée gently until translucent but not browned.
- Stir in the crab and heat through, then stir in the red pepper pesto. If you want the sauce to be a little more liquid, add the water from the pasta, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary. If it is not hot enough for your taste, add a pinch of chilli or cayenne pepper powder and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and divide into 2 bowls. Top each bowl with half the crab sauce and a handful of rocket leaves and serve.
Recipe by Cooksister at http://www.cooksister.com/2013/01/crab-chilli-pasta.html