Announcing a Nino Franco photography competition for our Venice workshop participants!
As we announced earlier, Meeta and I are thrilled to be running our second food photography and styling workshop in May in the gorgeous Valdobbiadene region of Italy, in the heart of the prosecco-producing region and only a short transfer from Venice airport. As we are filling the last spaces on the workshop, we are able to add a little added incentive – the exclusive chance for participants to win a stay in this beautiful part of Italy!
Any visit to the Valdobbiadene region is filled with food, wine and travel story inspirations – and never more so than when visiting the Nino Franco estate with its ancient stone-walled vineyard; beautiful villa available for B&B; and excellent situation in the charming town of Valdobbiadene – all only one hour by train from Venice. Nino Franco has teamed up with the Meeta and Jeanne to offer one lucky workshop participant and their guest the chance to stay at the sumptuous 18th century Villa Barberina as well as a private wine tasting with the Francos in the estate’s beautiful tasting room.
Image © and courtesy of Nino Franco
Here is how the competition will work:
Participants in the Food Photography & Styling Workshop are each invited to submit a single photographic composition of their choice taken during or after the workshop weekend, featuring a bottle of Nino Franco Primo Franco Prosecco. Whether you focus purely on the bottle, or choose to depict the bottle in the context of a meal, a place or a social occasion, is your choice. A single image will be selected from all entries by a jury consisting of the Franco family and independent judge, well-known wine blogger and photographer Andrew Barrow. The overall winner, as selected by the jury, and their partner will be invited to spend two nights at the luxury Villa Barberina in the heart of the Nino Franco Prosecco walled vineyard in the town centre of Valdobbiadene, Veneto, Italy. In addition to the stay in the villa, the winner will also receive a private wine tasting at the Nino Franco winery. To inspire you, here are the winning and second place photos from a similar previous photo competition that we ran with Nino Franco, as well as the winner’s two posts about their visit to Villa Barberina. And once again, the competition is only open to our workshop participants, so to stand a chance to win this amazing prize, make sure you register now as only the last few places remain!
Image © Susana Lourenco
Imaga © Lidija Basa
Inspired yet? Below you will find the submission guidelines and terms & conditions – please ensure that you read these carefully!
1. By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by all the rules listed below.
2. The competition is only open to participants in the Food Photography & Styling Workshop taking place from 2-3 May 2014.
3. Each participant may only submit ONE image for judging and only photos that depict Nino Franco Prosecco will be considered.
4. Only digital entries will be accepted.
5. Entries are to be submitted as Jpeg ﬁles (medium to high quality) with a width of at least 2000 pixels and with a resolution of 150 dpi.
6. Image files are to be named as follows: SURNAME_INITIAL (for example SMITH_P if the entrant’s name is Peter Smith).
7. Each entry is to be accompanied by a title and a brief artist’s statement explaining why the photo was chosen and what it aims to illustrate/achieve.
8. All entries are to be submitted to: email@example.com
8. The deadline for all entries is 18 May 2014, no later than 23h59 GMT.
9. The prize will be awarded according to the unanimous decision of the jury and will be based exclusively on the individual characteristics and creativity of the entry. The judges’ decision is ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notiﬁed via email by 30 May 2014.
11. The prize includes 2 nights in a double room (accommodation for 2 people correct) at the Villa Barberina, including breakfast, plus a private wine tasting at the Nino Franco Winery, within walking distance of the villa. No ﬂights, transfers or car hire are included. All other meals and sightseeing are at the winner’s own expense. The offer is available for one year, and must be taken by 30 May 2015. Any dates chosen by the winner are subject to room availability (bearing in mind that the villa is only open seasonally closed Dec 1-Mar 15).
12. The prize must be accepted as offered and no cash alternative is available.
13. By submitting an image to this competition, entrants’ give consent for their names and e-mail addresses to be be shared with the workshop organizers, Nino Franco, Comunque (the UK Nino Franco Media & PR agency) and Spittoon. Such personal details will not be sold and will not be used to add entrants to any marketing database/subscribe to any newsletter. Details will be used solely for communication in connection with this competition.
14. By submitting an image for this competition, all participants grant an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide license to Nino Franco Prosecco, the two workshop organisersand Spittoon to use the image on their respective websites or printed material, solely for the purpose of promoting or discussing this photo competition or the Food Photography and Styling Workshop. Each participant will, however, retain all rights to their respective images. Should an image depict a person, participants are required to warranty that they are in possession of a model release from the subject to use his/her image, in any form. Participants assume full responsibility for such model releases and will hold Nino Franco Prosecco, the workshop organisers, and Spittoon harmless in the event of legal action following from the absence of such model release.
15. The organizers of the Food Photography and Styling Workshop are running this competition in good faith on behalf of Nino Franco Prosecco but we are not responsible in any way for the delivery of the prize, or from any loss or damages relating to the prize. Once we have announced the winner, any issue relating to the prize is a matter entirely between the winner and Nino Franco Prosecco. We will not be responsible for any loss, damages or inconvenience related to the winner not receiving the prize, or to injuries or damages sustained in any way by either the winner or Nino Franco Prosecco in connection with the prize.
Image © Andre Silva
Get Free Email Updates
Never miss an update by subscribing to the blog now!