Here are the terms and conditions of the Cooksister/Air France flight giveaway. By entering the competition you confirm that you have read and understood these conditions and will be bound by them. Any entry that does not comply with all the terms and conditions will automatically be disqualified.
1. To enter, tweet why YOU should win a free Air France flight to San Francisco – why it holds special memories; who you miss there; or what you would do there.
2. To be a valid entry your tweet you MUST include the @Cooksisterblog Twitter handle and the #AirFranceAt80 hash tag.
3. All entries must be submitted between 10h00 and 16h00 on Monday 9 December and no late entries will be considered.
4. I will select a winner from all eligible entries based on originality, novelty and local focus. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be announced on, and notified via, Twitter by 17h00 on Monday 9 December.
5. If the first selected winner has not contacted Air France to collect their prize within 48 hours of notification of their win, or if the first chosen winner does not fulfil any of the entry requirements, they will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected.
6. Entrants must be over 18 years of age at time of entering the competition. Air France reserves the right to require written proof of a winner’s age before awarding a prize.
7. The daily prize consists of one Air France return economy class flight to San Francisco, originating in the UK (see point 8 below). The week’s prize consists of two return Air France economy class flights to any Air France destination. The flights must be booked by 30 April 2014 and travel must be completed by 30 June 2014. Please note that flights will be subject to availability and the winner’s first choice of dates may not be available. The prize flight may not be taken between 15 December 2013 and 15 January 2014.
8. Entrants may reside anywhere in the world but all prize flights must originate from one of the following UK airports: London Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Newcastle. Travel from the winner’s home to one of these airports is not included in the prize and will have to be arranged and paid for by the winner.
9. Travel insurance is the responsibility of the winner. The winner is also responsible for ensuring that they have a valid passport & any other visas or other documentation required to make the trip.
10. If a prize flight booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued. No compensation and/or refund will be provided. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. Prize flights must be operated by Air France, not one of its codeshare partners. All bookings are subject to the Air France’s published Conditions of Carriage and flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
12. The prize includes the flights and all related taxes and surcharges, but does not include transfers and/or additional travel, accommodation or other additional charges.
13. I, Jeanne Horak-Druiff, am running this giveaway via my Twitter profile (@cooksisterblog) in good faith on behalf of Air France but am not responsible in any way for the delivery of the prize, or from any loss or damages relating to the prize. Once I have announced the winner, any issue relating to the prize is a matter entirely between the winner and Air France. I will not be responsible for any loss, damages or inconvenience related to the winner not receiving the prize.
14. Neither Air France nor Jeanne Horak-Druiff of Cooksister assume any responsibility for damages, losses or injuries (financial or otherwise) that result in any way from acceptance of the prize.
15. Employees of Air France and those of any associated companies, their immediate family or agents and anyone professionally connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
16. By participating in this competition, the winner authorises Air France to publicly announce their name and their city of residence on social media, including their Twitter handle.
Click on the Air France website for further details. GOOD LUCK!