As you do.
One of the lines from said school song that I have always remembered is “old Father Tempus is flying, is flying“. How could I have known at 13 that this would become the story of my life?? Time has flown right past me, leaving me trailing breathlessly in its wake (although this could be more of a reflection of my total lack of commitment to any sort of gym routine!) and it’s mid-January. Seeing as I am the host for this month’s Waiter There’s Something in My… event (hosted in turn by me, Johanna and Andrew) I thought this would be as good a time as any to announce the theme for the January edition.
May I have the envelope please? And the theme for Jan is [insert drum roll here] …….. Sweet & savoury swap!
Confused? Don’t be! What you need to do is to make a savoury version of a traditionally sweet dish (e.g. vegetable tarte tatin or savoury pannacotta or savoury shortbread) or a sweet version of a traditionally savoury dish (e.g. dessert pizza or sweet soup) – you get the picture! Be as creative as you like – breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. There may be some grey areas – souffles or muffins spring to mind – but as long as you can convince me that you are departing radically from your lifelong perception of the dish as sweet/savoury, you’re in!
As usual, here are the rules:
1. Write up your sweet/savoury swap dish on your blog, remembering to include a link back to this announcement in your post. Please do not submit an old post – dishes should be made specifically for this event.
2. E-mail me. Please make sure that Waiter there’s something in my features in the subject line.
3. In the e-mail please include:
- your name
- your blog’s name and URL
- the URL of your entry
- the name of the dish
- your approximate location
4. The deadline for entries is Monday 2 February and I hope to have the roundup posted later that week.
5. When the roundup is posted, please also include a link to that in your post.
Can’t wait to see what you inventive, clever people come up with for this one!