A reminder, an award, and your recipes needed!

After totally exhausting myself on Sunday to get my Burns Night post up, I've kind of been in blogging limbo – lots of ideas but not a scrap of energy to write.  And it hasn't been helped by the fact that I've been in the gym for 3 out of the past 6 days – fact!  It's amazing how motivational the prospect of a ski holiday and a hot tub can be in terms of encouraging exercise and healthy eating 😉

So to baby-step back to "proper" blogging, I thought I'd give you a mixed bag of reminders and announcements.

WTSIM logo undated First and foremost of course is the fact that you still have until Monday to get your Waiter, There's Something in My Sweet/Savoury Swap entries to me.  People seem to be slightly nervous of the theme but you needn't be!  Off the top of my head, I can think of a sweet risotto (mmm, chocolate!), or a vegetable tarte tatin, or even something like a basil sorbet.  Just take any of your favourite recipes and turn a traditionally sweet dish into something savoury or vice versa, and send me the results.  You'll see my contribution posted on Sunday and it's a goodie…

Secondly, and most impostantly you may have noticed the little BloggerAid logo in my rihgt-hand sidebar.  BloggerAid is the brainchild of Val, Ivy and Giz and aims to raise awareness and funds to alleviate worldwide hunger.  They have come up with the inspired idea to publish a cookbook to raise funds and they have called for recipe contributions from… YOU!  All you need is to write up one of your original recipes and submit it as a Word document (with or without a photograph) to BloggerAid, but don't blog it as they want to motivate people to buy the book rather tan get the recipe free off your site.  Complete rules and a recipe style format can be found in the forum of the BloggerAid Social Network.  The deadline is 12 February, so please don't delay in sending in your recipe!

And lastly, the lovely Val of More Than Burnt Toast has given me a Triple Award – thankTripleAwardLogo you! The rules for recipients are:

• Include the award logo in your blog or post.
  • Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
  • Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  • Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  • Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

So here goes – I pass this award on to:

And tomorrow I promise I'll be back with the second part of my smoked salmon recipe series!

If you enjoyed reading this, please consider sharing it using the social media buttons below the post. I'd also love to hear what you thought about this post so please do leave a comment below. Hope to see you again soon!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

Jeanne! Thanks for the award – love getting them 😉 Also thanks for the tip on the WTSIM … I will add the link to the post and send it over!
    Hugs!

2. says

Thank you very much for the mention Jeanne. I know that with your concern about issues in South Africa we are all on the same page about trying to raise awareness for those who can’t themselves. Your award is well deserved!!

3. says

A well deserved award indeed! Thanks for all the reminders. I actually saw a recipe today that could work…… I am in the middle of bigtime catering jobs and finding time to blog is almost impossible.!

4. says

Jeanne,
    Thanks so much for thinking of me for this award. Now, I am going to put my brain to work to think of a recipe for your cookbook….:)

5. says

Awww Jeanne,
    Thank you so much for the award. And oh… I almost forget (getting old) about this event. My apology, glad I still have time. I’ll be sending my entry soon.
    Cheers,
    Elra

6. says

Well deserved award. I wish I had something in mind to contribute to your event but I’ve never made anything from Sweet to savory and vice versa. I shall try however and try and think of something.

7. says

My Waiter contribution will be created and blogged about on Sunday too; well thats the plan. If it doesn’t work then there is no fallback option!

8. Barbara Harris says

Jeanne you are too kind. Thank you. I’m honoured. And you are a well deserved recipient also. Nice to discover some new blogs in your last.

9. says

Aw thanks Jeanne. Really sweet of you. Congratulations on your award too! Thanks for the Chicago tips, I wish we could stay longer. Such a beautiful city. Must put it on the ‘return to’ list.

10. says

What bloggers won’t do – if there’s an event – we commit and then make ourselves crazy to fulfill commitments. You did a great job. Thank you for the amazing shout out.

11. says

Thanks for the award Jeanne! Very kind of you!
    I love the theme for WTSIM this month but the heat lately has zapped me and meant I haven’t had the energy for cooking and blogging that I would like, so I am missing just too many blog events but will particularly be interested to see the entries in this one.