Saturday Snapshots #9

by Jeanne on October 25, 2008

in London Life, Photography, Saturday Snapshots

2007AutumnPark

London Autumn stroll, October 2007

Apparently the depth of red or yellow colour that Autumn leaves attain is determined by how much sustained warmth the tree enjoyed during the summer.  Clearly, last year was an unspectacular but sustained, warm summer.  Clearly this year was not – this same avenue of trees near my house that was ablaze with colour last Autumn is a kind of mottled combination of green and already-dead brown leaves this year.

This is part of a series of non-food photographs that will be published every Saturday on CookSister. Click here for a full list of photographs previously featured.  If you like this or any other photo featured in Saturday Snapshots, why not buy it as a greeting card or print in my RedBubble store?

Rico October 25, 2008 at 6:03 pm

nice photo what park is that, very nice ..

justfoodnow October 25, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Absolutely spectacular!!! One of your best yet!
You really really are a talented photographer.

Heather Rascona October 26, 2008 at 1:01 am

Hi
My name is Heather, I’m a fellow food blogger and also food editor for a fairly new women’s travel website, Galavanting.com. We are looking to find bloggers from around the world for our 12/1 issue to write about how their country celebrates the holidays – a write up of fun event, festive recipe, or something a long those lines. I enjoy your blog and was wondering if you would be interested. Unfortunately, at this point, our budget doesn’t allow us to pay a lot for the articles, but writing an article now would give rise to further opportunities that would pay better once we have a few more issues out. If you have any interest in doing this, please let me know, and feel free to contact me at heather dot rascona at gmail dot com.
Thanks,
Heather

Manggy October 26, 2008 at 2:53 am

Oh, I remember walking at that park just before you reach Buckingham Palace (I wanna say Hyde Park… But maybe I’m getting my parks mixed up…). It was Spring and I’d never been in such a beautiful place before. It was also 2004 and I didn’t know the slightest thing about photography OR food which is why I kick myself every single day. Thank you for bringing Autumn to me– but it makes me want to go back even more! (I need time AND money, haha!)

Angela October 26, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Now that’s an interesting little factoid. I have seen the occasional tree ablaze, but you’re right… most of the fallen leaves are just a muddy brown this year. Never mind… they still rustle beautifully when you walk through them.

helen-graves@hotmail.com October 26, 2008 at 1:19 pm

That is fascinating about the leaf colours, I had no idea! You have educated as well as entertained me! Gorgoues photo too.

Michelle October 26, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Like Helen, I didn’t know this fascinating fact about trees either. Hmmm, it was a crappy summer, wasn’t it?
Nice composition!

Darius T. Williams October 27, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Well – of course you did it again. These are great pics!
-DTW

nina October 27, 2008 at 8:01 pm

I thought this was taking a stroll done the Eersterivier on Stellenbosch. Made me miss my days at varsity!

Dragon October 27, 2008 at 11:31 pm

I just adore the fall. I never tire of all the warm, rich colours of the season.

barbara October 28, 2008 at 8:54 am

Gorgeous colours. I love it.

Susan from Food Blogga October 29, 2008 at 2:19 am

Oh, I just want to stroll don’t that lane, Jeanne. ps-Well done on the awards! Quite impressive!

Francis October 29, 2008 at 10:52 am

Great blog.
Reminds me of when I was there it is really an awesome time of the year.