Tomorrow marks the start of this year’s Menu for Hope IV campaign and believe me when I tell you that the campaign has more in common with a swan that you’d think. On the surface it’s all smooth, calm sailing, while below the surface there has been some frantic paddling going on!! It’s been a paper chase of finding addresses, sending out begging e-mails, gathering prizes; then write-ups, URLs and pictures. And now I finally have a chance to sit down and tell you what I am donating as a prize this year.
Ever looked at a picture on Cooksister and thought “man, that looks good enough to eat”? Well, the good news is that you can now win one of five pictures that have appeared on Cooksister over the past year. Have a look and see which one you like:
The picture will be printed in 8×12 format on gloss paper, and will be matted and ready to frame. I am happy to ship anywhere in the world. All you have to do is decide which of these pictures will look best on your wall – and then visit the main Menu for Hope site to buy tickets (instructions included below). And while you are at it, check out the other prizes being offered by donors in the UK.
1. Choose the prize or prizes of your choice from the main Menu for Hope site. (This is the global list of all prizes donated this year. Alternatively, you can see only the UK prizes on Cooksister.) You must make sure to check the terms and conditions for the individual prizes BEFORE you bid, as some will come with restrictions regarding where they ship to or how long the prize is valid for.
2. Go to the donation site and make a donation. The hosts do not handle the cash at all – it goes directly to Justgiving to be passed on to the World Food Programme.
3. Please specify the prize code of the prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. If you are buying more than one ticket, please indicate how you would like the tickets to be allocated. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Remember to check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday January 9 for the results of the raffle.