Does My Blog Look Good in This – September 2007

by Jeanne on September 17, 2007

in Events - DMBLGiT

Seeing as Andrew recently posted the winners of the enduringly popular Does My Blog Look Good in This? event for August, I guess it must be time to announce the next round.  Yes, folks, the Cooksister herself will be hosting this month’s event!

So… what are the rules?

• Only one food photograph may be entered per person
  • The photograph must have been taken by you
  • The photograph must have been posted on your blog during August of 2007
  • The deadline to submit your entry is October 1 at midnight, UK time
  • A panel of judges will assess the quality of all of the entries before eventually selecting winners from the pictures.  There will be winners in the following categories:
    • Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
    • Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
    • Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “wow, I never thought of photographing it like that before!”
    • Overall Winner: the photograph that scores the highest when individual scores for Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality are added up.

So how can you join in?

• Draft an e-mail with DMBLGiT in the subject line.
  • Attach one qualifying food or drink photo, preferably 350 pixels in width.
  • Include the following:
    • Your name
    • Your blog URL
    • The title of the image/what it is
    • The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
    • The camera you used
  • Send me the e-mail

The standard of entries has just been getting higher with each passing month, so I can hardly wait to see what you come up with!

Rethabile September 18, 2007 at 1:08 pm

How is it going, Jeanne? Can hardly wait for the snaps. Hope all’s well.

Rethabile September 18, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Dang! I forgot to tell you that I’m going to let the southern Africa blog ring die a peaceful death. if you want to remove the button…
Cheers

Mieliepap September 18, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Hi Jeanne, I am finally back after a few European breaks. I will surely submit something. My forté is not presentation, though, but consumption.

Trig September 19, 2007 at 4:17 pm

Hi Jeanne,
I’ve entered with my wild salmon photo, I’ve sent it as 350px width and in full size for expanding.
Good luck with the hosting, looking forward to the results!

Tartelette September 22, 2007 at 4:48 am

Hi Jeanne! DO you have a gallery up with all the pics as they come by any chance?

Nags September 24, 2007 at 4:18 am

Have sent in my entry :) Waiting to see the winning entries, saw last month’s and was bowled over!

Zlamushka September 24, 2007 at 7:28 am

i just sent in my contribution. I am all thrilled to see the pics. They are always so gorgeous to look at. … and inspirational. Hope this month wont be any different.

Jeanne September 24, 2007 at 6:05 pm

Hi Rethabile
Nice to hear from you! And the snaps are up in their very own Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/CooksisterJeanne/DoesMyBlogLookGoodInThisSeptember2007
Hi Mielipap
Big of you to admit that ;-)
Hi Trig
Got your wonderful pic – it’s also included in the album mentioned above :)
Hi Tartelette
As I mentio above, here is the album http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/CooksisterJeanne/DoesMyBlogLookGoodInThisSeptember2007
Hi Nags and Zlamushka
Glad you could join us – the entries were indeed fantastic last month. Let’s see what this month brings…

Tartelette September 25, 2007 at 7:21 am

Thanks Jeanne for you response. Good luck with hosting all the entries this month!

avital October 2, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Hi Jeanne, i sent you my photo 2 days ago (09.30) but i don’t see it on your album.. did you receive it? Thanks!