Seeing as Andrew recently posted the winners of the enduringly popular Does My Blog Look Good in This? event for August, I guess it must be time to announce the next round. Yes, folks, the Cooksister herself will be hosting this month’s event!
So… what are the rules?
- Only one food photograph may be entered per person
- The photograph must have been taken by you
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog during August of 2007
- The deadline to submit your entry is October 1 at midnight, UK time
- A panel of judges will assess the quality of all of the entries before eventually selecting winners from the pictures. There will be winners in the following categories:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
- Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “wow, I never thought of photographing it like that before!”
- Overall Winner: the photograph that scores the highest when individual scores for Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality are added up.
So how can you join in?
- Draft an e-mail with DMBLGiT in the subject line.
- Attach one qualifying food or drink photo, preferably 350 pixels in width.
- Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
- Send me the e-mail
The standard of entries has just been getting higher with each passing month, so I can hardly wait to see what you come up with!