As you have probably noticed from previous posts, we London food bloggers clearly just can’t get enough of each other. We find any excuse to get together, eat good food, drink good wine – and photograph the whole process of course! Over at The Passionate Cook Johanna has posted a list of forthcoming events in London, including:
- A comparative tasting of various types of salt and types of butter – from the sublime to the ridiculous, from the cheap to the astronomical, at Johanna’s house on 28 October. Johanna and I will talk you through what we will be tasting before we take the plunge and push up our blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- A chocolate truffle-making workshop at mychocolate in early November (the date currently under consideration is 5 November 14h30-16h00) – just in time for the November edition of Sugar High Friday, which will focus on… truffles!
- A mushroom and truffles event at Harvey Nichols on Wednesday evening the 8th of November. Four of us have signed up for this so far, but it seems there are still places left.
- The (apparently) annual UK food blogger Christmas gathering at Johanna’s house on 2 December from about lunchtime. Like last year, we are planning a cheese fondue and a cookie swap – how can you possibly resist that?
- A trip to the Bath Christmas Market on the weekend of 8-9 December.
And despite my best efforts at diary management, I have not found a date that suits my chef friend as well as the bloggers for the promised knife skills course. His holiday, my holiday, Christmas and Johanna’s impending bundle of joy all conspired to make sure this will now have to happen in the new year. We’ll keep you posted…
There is still (at the time of writing) space on all these events – but you should act fast if you want to attend. As I am out of the country until 23 October, you may want to contact Johanna for the earlier events, but feel free to drop me an e-mail for the later events and we will make a plan to fit you in.
Hope to see many of you soon!
PS – and this is another reminder of Sugar High Friday happening right here on Friday 27 October – do join in the fun!