Rude food

by Jeanne on September 7, 2006

in Table scraps

Rudechillies_1 I know, I know… childish to laugh at the poor little things.  But my sense of humour is just like that.  And to paraphrase that great social commentator Baldrick, there’s nothing as funny as a vegetable that’s grown into a rude and amusing shape.

:o)

Picture was e-mailed to me this morning and seems to come from this German-language site.

Ash September 7, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Oooh! It’s a pepper that looks like a thingie! LOL We had Roma tomatoes growing on our balcony that looked like thingies and my younger son exclaimed at the top of his lungs ‘Mom, why do these tomatoes look like piemels?’ (Dutch word for thingies)
Thanks for that, it was funny :)

ejm September 7, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Okay I’m twisted too. hahahahahaha!
-Elizabeth
(Those HAVE to be photoshopped!!)

Rethabile September 7, 2006 at 7:34 pm

*blush! blush!*

ilingc September 8, 2006 at 1:23 am

oh.. that’s rude. lol
had to stop myself from drawing attention to myself at work!
wonder how they grew into that..

Ronni Bennett September 8, 2006 at 2:20 pm

Laughing my ass off. Come on, Jeanne, are those real or as eim suggests, have they been Photoshopped?

Jeanne September 8, 2006 at 3:03 pm

Hi Ash
Glad I provided some amusement!! And interesting about the Dutch word for boys’ dangly bits – in Afrikaans it’s a “piel”, which is clearly related. Obviously, trips to Spain (where piel means skin)are filled with bouts of hilarity. Like I said, my sense of humour is just like that… :o)
Hi Elizabeth
You think YOU’RE twisted – just look at those poor chillies!! Hahahaha….
Hi Rethabile
I know, I know… this is meant to be a family blog!! ;-)
Hi Ilingc
Glad I brightened your working day. I have to say, I have grown many chillies in my life but MINE never seem to grow like that!
Hi Ronni
In answer to your & Elizabeth’s question… I have no idea! But I can tell you that if they were Photoshopped, it was by a hand more skilled than mine!!

Pille September 8, 2006 at 8:50 pm

Oops! You should provide a warning for your more innocent readers, dear Jeanne! Very funny:)

David September 12, 2006 at 7:10 am

Those look good enough to…..oh, never mind….

Jeanne September 12, 2006 at 10:29 am

Hi Pille
After that pic, I doubt I have any innocent readers left!! :o)
Hi David
… photograph? Pluck? Crush? Eat? Refrigerate? Of course, you’ll want them in the crisper drawer. No sense in letting them go limp.

elise September 18, 2006 at 6:51 am

Thanks for the Black Adder link! We are always coming up with “cunning plans” and when one of us does something truly idiotic we call that doing a Baldrick. Pretty amazing to see Hugh Laurie in House, what a contrast to Prince George.
Those photos? Precious.

Emma September 20, 2006 at 9:48 am

Tee Hee! too funny!

Jeanne September 25, 2006 at 11:30 am

Hi Elise
Ooooh, I quote Baldrick all the time – I particularly like the episode where he says his first name is Sod Off – because all the other guttersnipes always used to say “Sod off, Baldrick!” to him. But the ultimate is the French Revolution episode – packed with cunning plans ;-)
Hi Emma
Guess this gives new meaning to the term hot lover?!? :o)

Coffee and Vanilla May 21, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Hehe, very cute chillies ;) And they don’t look “Photoshoped”…

Scott at Real Epicurean May 21, 2008 at 11:45 pm

Wow – they look just like…Well, you know what they look like.
I can’t possibly hope to beat these in terms of naughty nibbles!

gluten free chocolate March 31, 2011 at 10:06 am

Oh la la the red color and a rose are my all time favorites.Just beautiful and at the same time very interesting to use it in cooking and eating tooo
ashle