EoMEoTE#10 – The Cat in the Hat hits town

I’m your host

With the most –

Will you bring me eggs on toast?

You can get them from a can,

You can fry them in a pan,

You can put them on a flan.

With a man

Called Stan.

Use your hands, use your legs –

Who cares – just make toast and eggs!!

It’s the end of the month and you know what that means…  It’s time for the End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza!  Despite seriously considering a Beowulf theme, in the end I relented and went with the redoubtable Dr Seuss, he of Green Eggs and Ham fame.  See – it’s easy!!

Let your imagination run totally wild, but just remember the two fundamental rules:

1. There must be eggs.

2. There must be carbohydrates (bread, crackers, potatoes, pancakes, waffles… I’m not picky!)

Make it, snap it, eat it, blog it – sometime before next weekend would be good.  Then send me an e-mail or a link (I’m afraid I don’t feel a ripple in the Force every time an entry is posted…!) and I’ll include you in the roundup.  For neophytes, here’s a potted history, and here’s the Harry Potter roundup from last time.

So go!!  Find a bloke named Stan and get cooking!! ;-)

If you enjoyed reading this, please consider sharing it using the social media buttons below the post. I'd also love to hear what you thought about this post so please do leave a comment below. Hope to see you again soon!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

Now this I can so *totally* do! I may have to borrow some of Alex’s books for inspiration…don’t worry; I’ll wait till he’s asleep. I’m a good Mom, I am.

2. says

WOOO HOOOO!
    i am sooooo glad you picked dr seuss this time! i almost had a heart attack when it was harry potter last month, lol!
    hmmm…i CANNOT wait!!! thanks jeanne!

3. says

I am so tempted to render Al Pacino from his Oscar-buying role onto a pancake or perhaps a corn tortilla that I could later sell on eBay, since he might look like Jesus…and dye some eggs green and serve up “Green Eggs and Ham,” but the fact is, my printer is out of ink and it’s not feasible.
    So just let your imagination picture my version of “Green Eggs and Ham” for a few moments.
    I’d seriously like to do something about this, since this book is all the rage with the toddler in our house right now. Oh, the commentary we manage to sneak in about organic eggs and celebrity gossip.
    I am so glad I found your lovely blog. Especially the farmers market bit.

4. says

Hey there Jeanne…more fun as usual!…no problem getting my eggs to go green (with a little spinach and zucchini mixed in) but damned if I could find any green ham…so fell back on lobster as usual (here in Maine they grow on trees!)…considered Photoshopping a green eggs and lobster concoction but rhyming with lobster (aside from mobster) is a tough one…anyway, here it is: http://www.stephencooks.com/2005/08/lobster_zucchin.html
    Thanks again for hosting EoMEoTE!

5. says

EoMEoTE: Greens, Eggs, and Ham

Did you say green, eggs, and ham?Happy to oblige. And no, you cannot have them in a house but in a magasin. Three guesses?

6. SpittoonExtra says

End of Month Egg on Toast Extravagnza: Dr Seuss Edition.

Egg and Ham Muffins.’Tis the end of the month and time once again for End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza. This being the Dr Seuss edition -I met a bloke called stanHe cooked eggs but not spamHe used puffins in muffinsIn place of spam and of course …

7. says

What a fun choice. Here’s my version of green eggs – no ham and I couldn’t resist throwing in a favorite from my childhood that wasn’t green but tasted delicious. You can check it out at www DOT 4everykitchen DOT com
    Thanks for thinking this one up.