After a rather quiet festive season, the calendar of foodblogging events has once again creaked into action and is chugging along quite nicely, thank you! Here are some events that you miss at your peril:
- The grand old dame of food blogging events, Is My Blog Burning?, fans the flames again on 23rd January. This is Alberto’s wonderful creation which has just acquired a momentum of its own and keeps inspiring spin-off events, like Worldwide Wine Blogging Wednesday, Sugar High Fridays, Does my Blog Look Good in This?, The Paper Chef and, of course, the End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza. This time round (can you believe it, the 11th edition!), Cathy from My Little Kitchen had chosen beans as a theme – and the only rule she has set is that they should be legumes, so no deep-fried jelly beans or similar… However, cassoulet, chana dal or baked beans on toast are all acceptable. So get cooking, mon petit chickpeas!
- Worldwide Wine Blogging Wednesday pops its cork again on 26th January and this time Pim‘s hosting. I’m really tickled by the theme she’s chosen – Wacky Wine Names! Just think of the possibilities – Fat Bastard, Mad Fish, What The Birds Left… In fact, anything you like, just as long as a) it’s wine and b) it sounds wacky! Drink it, eat something nice to go with it and tell us all about it on the 26th.
- Providing eye candy and still open for voting until the end of the month is the third edition of Does My Blog Look Good in This? – the event where the best food photographs posted in the past month are put to the public vote. Cooksister has an entry in, so be generous with your praise!
- Santos from The Scent of Green Banans has a cool project going on. Based on travelling journals that are written in my one person and then mailed on to another who adds their contribution and mails it on etc etc, she has started a 1000 Recipes project. This involves people signing up to receive one of the many journals she is sending out and, when it arrives, adorning up to 6 pages with your thoughts, doodles and a recipe before sending it on the next person indicated by Santos. The completed journals will be sold to raise money for charity so why don’t you head on over there and sign up. I’m the opening act in Book 9 – trying to fight the performance anxiety and come up with something coherent by the time the journal gets here. Oh the pressure…
- And, as salaries are spent and refrigerators empty, watch this space for details of the most laid-back event in the blogosphere, the End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza #3 – coming to a breakfast table near you shortly!