Well hello there from Cape Town! No, Cooksister isn’t dead, I just have not had internet access since I left London on the 3rd :-( It is proving really hard not to be able to check my blog/e-mail/respond to comments. But what can I say – the sun, food, wine and relaxation are helping me to cope with the lack of internet!!
I’m just posting a few words from a friend’s computer so this won’t be a long post, but some of the highlights of the holiday so far have included:
* a week at the Beacon Island Hotel in Plettenberg Bay
* a seafood buffet dinner at abovementioned hotel where we absolutely pigged out on fresh oysters, prawns, gravid sailfish, smoked salmon and baked dorado
* Nick’s consumption of several spectacular steaks, including some kudu
* eating a crocodile pie (while Nick ate a crocodile and ostrich kebab!)
* a couple of truly lovely braais (BBQs) with friends
* the best trout I have ever tasted, eaten at a Cape Town restaurant the other night (it was crusted with sesame seeds…. mmmm!)
* today, which was spent on Stellenbosch wine estates tasting lovely wines.
So as you can see, I have my work cut out for me when I get back to my internet connection!! Plus I still owe you an account of our week in France… Keep watching this space – I’m back on line after Christmas, but may be able to sneak in a post from a friend’s computer before that. Until then, keep on cooking, keep on eating, keep on blogging and see you soon!